MBA admissions is an interesting business. We are tasked with creating classes every year that become a part of our school’s community and representatives of our school to the world for the rest of their lives. We endorse incoming students and hope they live up to their essays and letters of recommendation. Based on mostly self-reported information, test scores, transcripts, and an interview, we make life-altering decisions. We hold the bar; we are the gatekeepers, and if we get it wrong, it will come back around to us. I, personally, believe I have admitted people who will change the...
@emorygoizuetaTweets by @emorygoizueta
- Executive MBA program among best in U.S. in Financial Times ranking October 26, 2020Emory University’s Goizueta Business School continues to offer a top Executive MBA program according to the 2020 Financial Times rankings, coming in 13th among U.S. programs and 2nd among programs in the Southeast. The Financial Times examines graduates’ career progress, student and faculty diversity, and faculty research and a focus on corporate responsibility in determining programs’ ranks. The full rankings, sub-rankings, […]
- Is hospital advertising actually good for our health? October 23, 2020Hospitals and healthcare organizations in the U.S. spend $1.5 billion on advertising every year. It’s a topic that provokes lively debate and a certain amount of controversy. Medical bodies, policy makers, and scholars alike question the ethics and efficacy of using (constrained) budgets to promote hospitals to patients. Diwas KC, professor of information systems & […]
- HackATL 2020: COVID conditions only fuel students’ business ingenuity October 23, 2020In many ways, this year’s HackATL event marks a new beginning, with COVID-19 adding an X factor into the mix. The pandemic hasn’t been able to dampen the enthusiasm of entrepreneurial-minded students ready to take on a challenge. For the first time in the event’s eight-year history, it was conducted fully online. In early October, […]
- “Brand loyalty is changing due to the pandemic,” Fortune October 21, 2020The post “Brand loyalty is changing due to the pandemic,” Fortune appeared first on EmoryBusiness.com.
- #MeetGoizueta: Lori Steffel 21BBA October 21, 2020The summer before Lori Steffel 21BBA arrived at Emory, she made a deal with herself. Unlike her jam-packed high school schedule, Steffel decided she’d throttle back a bit. She’d pay attention to her schoolwork, of course, but on weekends the plan was to “sleep in and go to brunch,” she said. Steffel tried but grew […]