In the accelerated One-Year MBA program at Goizueta Business School, the most intensive portion of the curriculum is held over the summer. COVID-19 changed many plans, including education. I wanted to write to share my thoughts on what worked well when learning at home throughout the summer before Emory University implemented their hybrid class system. Reflect on your expectations: Working virtually requires intentional outreach that is different from stopping a professor before or after class. Taking time to reflect before each class to think about what you want to get out of it will help you make sure your...
@emorygoizuetaTweets by @emorygoizueta
- Executive MBA program among best in U.S. in Financial Times ranking October 26, 2020Emory University’s Goizueta Business School continues to offer a top Executive MBA program according to the 2020 Financial Times rankings, coming in 13th among U.S. programs and 2nd among programs in the Southeast. The Financial Times examines graduates’ career progress, student and faculty diversity, and faculty research and a focus on corporate responsibility in determining programs’ ranks. The full rankings, sub-rankings, […]
- Is hospital advertising actually good for our health? October 23, 2020Hospitals and healthcare organizations in the U.S. spend $1.5 billion on advertising every year. It’s a topic that provokes lively debate and a certain amount of controversy. Medical bodies, policy makers, and scholars alike question the ethics and efficacy of using (constrained) budgets to promote hospitals to patients. Diwas KC, professor of information systems & […]
- HackATL 2020: COVID conditions only fuel students’ business ingenuity October 23, 2020In many ways, this year’s HackATL event marks a new beginning, with COVID-19 adding an X factor into the mix. The pandemic hasn’t been able to dampen the enthusiasm of entrepreneurial-minded students ready to take on a challenge. For the first time in the event’s eight-year history, it was conducted fully online. In early October, […]
- “Brand loyalty is changing due to the pandemic,” Fortune October 21, 2020The post “Brand loyalty is changing due to the pandemic,” Fortune appeared first on EmoryBusiness.com.
- #MeetGoizueta: Lori Steffel 21BBA October 21, 2020The summer before Lori Steffel 21BBA arrived at Emory, she made a deal with herself. Unlike her jam-packed high school schedule, Steffel decided she’d throttle back a bit. She’d pay attention to her schoolwork, of course, but on weekends the plan was to “sleep in and go to brunch,” she said. Steffel tried but grew […]