As MSBA students and business data scientists, we are expected to be well-rounded individuals who can both develop data science models and communicate insights to stakeholders. While the MSBA 2021 cohort consists of some of the best and brightest analytics talent, we come from diverse educational and professional backgrounds and each have our own strengths and areas for improvement. Coming from an engineering background, I wanted to learn not only the technical data science skills but also the business savvy to be able to make an immediate impact as a data scientist after graduation. One of the tools the...
@emorygoizuetaTweets by @emorygoizueta
- Serial entrepreneur Charlie Goetz on why now is a good time to start a business November 24, 2020Charlie Goetz, senior lecturer in organization and management and distinguished lecturer in entrepreneurship, is a serial entrepreneur, an active investor in more than a dozen businesses, and partner in an African nonprofit focused on developing healthcare solutions for Africans. Goetz is responsible for starting and building new ventures in a number of industries, including banking, […]
- Why are U.S. corporate boards under-diversified? November 23, 2020Research tells us that firms with diverse workforces generally outperform those that do not. And in recent years, corporate America has taken significant strides towards greater heterogeneity in the employee base. But a problem remains at the top. U.S. boardrooms remain overwhelmingly Anglo Saxon and male. No less than 81 percent of the Standard & […]
- “Creating Your Personal Brand” with solopreneur Ashley Freeman 18EvMBA November 23, 2020“Your brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room,” said Ashley Freeman 18EvMBA to women participants during the recent “Creating Your Personal Brand” virtual workshop hosted by Emory’s Goizueta Business School Evening MBA program office. Freeman is the founder of Flourishing Work LLC. Through interactive exercises, Freeman coached participants […]
- Meet the Entrepreneur: William Hockey 12BBA November 20, 2020November 16-22 is Global Entrepreneurship Week and to celebrate, EmoryBusiness is sharing stories of Goizueta Business School’s innovative programming and highlighting faculty and alumni entrepreneurs. Editor’s note: Since this story was first published, Hockey and co-founder Zach Perret sold Plaid to VISA for $5.3 billion. From an early age, William Hockey 12BBA was fascinated with building things—and […]
- Technology plays major role in firms pitching to investors at RAISE Forum November 20, 2020As businesses around the Southeast continue to grow and evolve to meet the changing economic landscape, they’ve come to know a unique opportunity to fuel their companies. Now in its 11th installment, the semiannual Goizueta RAISE Forum offers a platform for investors and companies to gather to meet growing challenges head on. RAISE stands for […]