The coronavirus outbreak required changing the annual West Coast Trek to a virtual trip this year. While I still wish that we had had the chance to visit the tech giants in San Francisco Bay Area during the spring break, the virtual West Coast Trek still gave me and my colleagues an opportunity to witness the spirits of rigor, courage and innovation that prevail in the field of technology and encouraged us to think about how we could leverage the skillsets we have to create value for businesses. During the virtual session with Uber, I was fascinated by John...
@emorygoizuetaTweets by @emorygoizueta
- Start:ME Accelerator Program seeking entrepreneurs for the 2021 program, offering up to $30K in grants to small businesses in Clarkston, East Lake Area, Southside Atlanta September 21, 2020The Start:ME business accelerator program is currently recruiting promising entrepreneurs in and around Clarkston, East Lake, and Southside Atlanta for its 2021 programs. Fifteen to eighteen entrepreneurs from each community will be chosen to participate. Deadline for applications is October 5th, 2020. Start:ME is a free, intensive accelerator program for promising local small businesses. The […]
- Just Mercy producer challenges students, launches lecture series September 15, 2020Even over Zoom, Scott Budnick 99BBA showed up ready to represent his beloved hometown of Atlanta. Speaking from his home in California while dressed in a Waffle House hoodie, Budnick launched the Learning & Leading: Goizueta Distinguished Speakers Series on September 3, proving that following one’s values can bring not only clarity but impact and […]
- BBA program ranks 12th in nation by U.S. News and World Report September 14, 2020The Undergraduate BBA Program at Emory University’s Goizueta Business School has moved up three spots to 12th in the nation by U.S. News and World Report. The ranking, which is based on a peer survey of deans, was released today as part of an overall list of the nation’s top colleges and universities. Goizueta has been ranked in the top […]
- High risk/high reward: Investing in frontier markets September 10, 2020Thrill seekers, gamblers and high-risk investors share a passion for the big payoff. At the same time, they also weigh potentially high risk against those potential high rewards. “It takes a special kind of investor to work in new financial frontiers with limited infrastructure and corporate governance,” said Steven Jasmin 05BBA, chairman and managing director […]
- Jegadeesh to CFOs: The capital asset pricing model still rules September 8, 2020Firms invest in various things: bonds, stocks or other assets—new stores, new premises or even other firms. And they do so to earn maximum value from available cash that would otherwise be idle. For example, for the last five years Walmart generated an annual cash flow of more than $25 billion from its operations. The […]