The Goizueta Business Analytics conference is one of the most awaited events of the year for MSBA students, staff and graduates. It marks the culmination of the rigorous 10-month program focused on producing industry-ready business data scientists. It is a great opportunity for the MSBA cohort to present the findings of their capstone projects and learn from industry experts about developments in the analytics and data science industry. This year’s conference was a special one since it was completely virtual due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Quite fittingly, this year’s theme was “How Business Analytics has helped organizations adapt to...
@emorygoizuetaTweets by @emorygoizueta
- Response to the recent acts of racial violence and injustice June 1, 2020Dear members of the Goizueta Business School community, I know I speak for many of us when I express my feelings of anger, sadness, and pain in response to the recent acts of racial violence and injustice across our nation ─ some of which occurred close to home here in Atlanta. Among them are the […]
- Uploaded and uplifted: Goizueta’s 2020 commencement June 1, 2020As COVID-19 lingers in our communities, Emory’s 175th commencement required a huge twist on tradition. “Before Spring break, we prepared as usual, then Emory shifted to remote learning,” said Andrea Hershatter, senior associate dean and BBA director. “Suddenly, we had two weeks to get every element recorded, edited, and delivered. Faculty and staff worked tirelessly. […]
- The fine art of the RAISE May 29, 2020When startup companies’ growth accelerates rapidly, debt or equity capital often emerges as a top priority. On May 15, seven regional businesses earned the right to pitch their strategic plans and funding goals to an invitation-only audience of investors during the first ever virtual RAISE Forum. RAISE, which stands for Retention and Advanced Investment for […]
- Goizueta Corporate Think Tank focuses on managing data science teams May 28, 2020In 2020, the Goizueta Business School launched its “corporate think tank,” an initiative to provide business with research and insights into challenges leaders in the business community face. The think tank represents a shift in the relationship between a business school and businesses—one that ultimately will strengthen existing relationships built on schools providing interns and […]
- From global citizen to entrepreneur: Alum JD Kim shares his vision May 26, 2020Jongdae “JD” Kim 07Ox 11C 17EvMBA grew up in South Korea and the United States, where he was born. He carries both U.S. and South Korean passports, and served two-years of mandatory military service in South Korea. Growing up, Kim questioned his identity: was he Korean? American? How could he reconcile his dual identities? “I […]